ARTICLE AD BOX
Requisition ID: 47681
Job Category: Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
As an accredited asset management assessor, and a corporate member of the International Association of Asset Management (IAM), Hatch is expanding activities in the Asset Management and Regulatory Advisory sector advising electric utilities on:
- Asset Management System development, refinement, and alignment with ISO5500X standards
- Asset health index formulation, condition assessment inspections & monitoring, and performance modelling
- Asset risk and mitigation planning, vulnerability assessments, and resiliency planning
- Asset custom failure curve development, damage assessments, and root cause investigations
- Investment planning, resource strategies, spare parts optimization, and total lifecycle cost
- Regulatory support with Asset Management Plans (AMPs), DSPs, IRPs, load forecasting, and grid modernization technology business cases
Position – The Asset Management Specialist, Electric Utilities (“Specialist”) will work within a multi-disciplinary team, leveraging expertise from within the company to support delivering projects that meet/exceed client expectations and business development activities to grow the pipeline of asset management projects.
Project Delivery Responsibilities may include:
- Solve challenging client problems that could include planning, business case development, implementation, monitoring, or assessments of any project scope referenced above.
- For smaller projects, the Specialist may become responsible for day-to-day project management functions, while also delivering on client expectations.
- For larger projects, the Specialist may lead smaller work packages or support the advancement and creation of project deliverables
- Deliver tasks in accordance with all applicable codes and standards, including all of Hatch’s policies and procedures, including Safety, Environmental, Quality Assurance, & Quality Control
- Support the identification of potential partners such as vendors or niche specialists
- Work alongside and/or support delivery of projects from other Hatch teams, as applicable
Business Development Responsibilities may include:
- Leading and/or participation in Bib/NoBid discussions for potential opportunities
- Leading and/or supporting the creation of proposals, including methodology and level of effort estimates
- Regularly updating proposal lead or team management on the status of proposal developments
- Working with the marketing team to establish / update marketing & client facing materials, as applicable
- Create thought papers, abstracts, & white papers to expand market aware of the team & Hatch’s offerings
- Attending trade conferences and industry association meetings, as applicable
- Staying informed on related market developments within the utility and asset management sectors
- Staying informed on Hatch’s broader capabilities to support utilities including, but not limited to, digital systems & tools, and other power engineering offerings
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant utility sector or utility consulting experience, with at least 2 years of experience with asset management / capital planning teams of an electric utility, or other industries with heavy utility-scale electric infrastructure
- Experience with asset management roadmaps and/or programs for electrical infrastructure
- Knowledge of the requirements within asset management standards ISO 55000, 55001, and 55002
- Familiar with asset management software tools such as Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) and related investment planning decision support tools
- Experience with system optimized planning & utilization, asset evaluation & selection, development, asset GIS tagging & tracking, maintenance planning, and ultimate disposal or renewal of utility assets
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other applicable technical degree, preferably electrical
Additional preferred qualifications include:
- Previous consulting experience
- Experience leading or supporting regulatory applications of service or resource plans to regional regulatory organizations, preferably having presented, and defended, such applications to the regulatory body
- Advanced technical or related business degree
- Registered Professional Engineer and/or Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Membership with a nationally recognized asset management association (eg. IAM)
Reporting to the head of the Smart Grid & Asset Management team, the position requires a strong level of interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated asset management project delivery experience. A valid driver’s license and passport is required. Occasional domestic and international travel to client and site locations is required.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.