ARTICLE AD BOX
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Product Security Tools Development
The Product Security Assurance team is responsible for many mandates including Secure Development Life Cycle, Ethical Hacking (Purple Team), security tools development, and others. In this small versatile team, we are looking to add an experienced security tools developer to expand the existing security analysis toolset and add new tools, including fuzzy API testers, software fault injectors, mining of security vulnerability metrics, custom penetration test scripts, and providing backup and support to the rest of the team.
We are looking for someone with experience in product security tools development, working on individual tasks in a small team, and coordinating with numerous stakeholders within the company.
- Develop code in product security analysis tools like fuzzy API testers in software / firmware / hardware interfaces, software fault injectors, static code analyser queries, data mining security vulnerability databases, etc.
- We have an immediate need to expand existing fuzzy API test patterns, expanding their use in the infrastructure used for the development pipeline.
- We need start developing software fault injectors and be able to have preliminary test executions by year’s end.
- Experience in C, C++, and Python is considered essential.
- Experience in LUA and other languages is optional.
- Familiarity with fuzzy API testing, and C macro creation would be preferred.
- Familiarity with JIRA, CWEs, and cyber security essentials would be preferred.
- Understanding of computer platform hardware at a detailed level preferred.
- Experience with GHAS, CodeQL, and other security analysis tools preferred.
- Preference is towards university level degree, or substantial successful working experience of many years in cyber security analysis tools development.
You will be reporting to the Senior Manager for Product Security Assurance in Markham, Ontario, Canada, and must occasionally meet at the office there as needed. The position may on occasion be work-from-home and on occasion work-from-office, depending on mutual logistics.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 101227
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.