ARTICLE AD BOX
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Software Program Manager
About the Department:
The Software Program Management Team supports the delivery of the next generation of AMD Gaming Radeon Technology Products as well as our Cloud & Virtualization software into the Data Center to enable our key Cloud Software Partners! Our Team focuses on on-time delivery of software that supports AMD’s Products and new technologies. We plan schedule and resourcing, execute and monitor Programs in accordance to the software development lifecycle, provide status reporting, and actuals to stakeholders and key decision-makers.
The Program Manager will own delivering the required Software Drivers to support the New Product Introduction (NPI) of the next Generation AMD Radeon Gaming and Workstation products, and/or focus on delivering the SW required to enable our leading Cloud partners! You will support complex software development, plan its deliverables and then track its execution all the way until Launch. You will work with talented and creative Software Engineers to create the future of Gaming, Workstation and Cloud SW!
- Scope technical feasibility of new Products by clarifying and analyzing requirements with SW Architects, Technical Leads and SW Engineers
- Work with SW Functional PMs to translate the Technical requirements into SW Functional Specification and decompose the work
- Build a SW program schedule by considering various Driver and SW Stack component dependencies, negotiate and create a Staffing Plan that supports the schedule
- Support SW Technical Leads and key Engineers to drive technical innovations in pre-Silicon verification using a variety of validation tools
- Track Features Enablement progress by comparing the actual progress against the plan
- Report Progress weekly to SW Management and drive corrective actions when required.
- Drive Driver quality with respective SW Teams to achieve zero defects in production code
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years proven large and complex Project & Program Management experience in dynamic and competitive industry with focus on Product Development (New Product Introduction)
- Minimum 10 years hardware/software and/or customer engineering experience with exposure to Device Drivers, Firmware, Graphics technology, SOC product development and/or Virtualization technologies – or transferrable experience/skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to handle all levels of interaction, including executive level
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project
- Experience in cross-functional and global Core Team settings
- Horizontal leadership/Matrix management experience
- Flexible working schedule to manage global (specific Asia and North America) program execution team
- Preferred Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering Bachelor Degree
- PMP certification is required
Requisition Number: 110302
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function:Other Engineering
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.