ARTICLE AD BOX
LOCATION: Commerce City, Colorado (US-CO)
JOB NUMBER: 41661
SALARY/HOURLY RATE: $47.13
Why you should join us:
Are you a certified Pipefitter and Welder? Are you passionate about safety and do you want to join our dynamic maintenance team at our Commerce City refinery? In this role, you will be able to use your expertise for the maintenance and repair of our assets by performing predictive and preventative maintenance activities safely, efficiently, and to a high quality to ensure optimum reliability and availability.
You will use your expertise to:
- Read and interpret drawings and ISOs to perform fabrication and field installations
- Fabricate and install threaded pipe, socket welded pipe and butt weld piping configurations
- Install valves, steam tracing (tubing), test piping systems, hangers, supports, maintenance repairs
- Operate all tools and equipment associated with this job such as carry decks, fork lifts, man lifts (articulating and scissor), basic rigging, and operation of pneumatic tools, electric tools, oxy-acetylene cutting and plasma cutting
- Maintain a welding certification with x-ray quality
- Maintain housekeeping of ongoing tasks and overall shop cleanliness and organize miscellaneous tools, equipment, parts, and supplies
- Communicate ongoing tasks for updates and potential issues to your leader and teammates
- Continuously improve pipefitter/welder qualifications
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Five years of related experience with piping, tubing, shell and tube heat exchangers, pressure vessels, and boilers
- A High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- A valid Journeyman / Journeyperson Certificate for Pipefitting; attach your certificate with your application to be considered
- GTAW/GMAW/FCAW certifications
- The ability to pass a 6G SMAW (2” super coupon) test proctored by Suncor inspection, and maintain active status
- The aptitude for anticipating potential problems and checking for out-of-the-ordinary conditions, as well as having a strong sense of accountability
- A continuous improvement mindset and are able to seek greater knowledge and understanding of the systems, process and hazards in the workplace
- A zero-tolerance for shortcuts, and if the procedure is incorrect, you fix it
- A valid driver’s licence with a driving record acceptable to Suncor
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Agility to excel as an individual or harmoniously with a team
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills that enable you to build strong, positive relationships with diverse groups
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Commerce City refinery, located at 5455 Brighton Blvd.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs
- You will be required to perform some heavy lifting, use ladders and work on elevated work sites such as scaffolds and towers with the ability to perform in a variety of different environments both indoor and outdoor as well as within confined spaces
- This position is safety sensitive
- Relocation support will be provided
- We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
- Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
Suncor Energy (U.S.A.) Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Suncor, a leading integrated energy company based in Alberta, Canada with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing.
Suncor’s downstream business operates four refineries including the Commerce City refinery, the only petroleum refinery in the area and one of the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn't safe, we don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Colorado’s only refinery - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
We want you to have a job that will fit your life - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary, annual incentive program and other compensation programs
- Work/Life balance, including a generous vacation program
- Competitive benefits programs offering choice and flexibility
- Generous pension and 401(k) savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- For more information on a career in Denver, click here
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.