ARTICLE AD BOX
LOCATION: Montreal, Quebec (CA-QC)
JOB NUMBER: 59121
Why you should join us:
The internship will take place at the Montreal refinery under the supervision of mechanical engineers, in a young and dynamic environment with supervision adapted to the needs of the student. You will be able to consolidate your technical knowledge on a wide variety of mechanical equipment (>800 pumps, >300 fans, >40 turbines, >15 compressors, >30 furnaces, etc.) with the help of several monitoring instruments with which you will be able to perform analysis and predictive maintenance while interacting with a multidisciplinary team of technicians and professionals.
Join a dynamic and resourceful team where you can take on new challenges at a 137,000 barrel per day refinery that produces gasoline, distillates, asphalt, heavy fuel oil, petrochemicals, solvents and lubricant feedstock.
There are several Mechanical Engineering student positions available! At Suncor, these positions are not just internships. They provide interesting and rewarding work experiences to help you determine your career aspirations - best of all, many interns become permanent Suncor employees after graduation!
* And the pay is very competitive! *
You will use your expertise to:
- Perform technical evaluation of mechanical projects
- Advance mechanical and interdisciplinary projects to completion
- Implement project steps from initial idea, through design, planning, construction, and project closure
- Participate in the development of improvement projects
- Perform root cause analysis of operational issues
- Determine, develop, and present solutions to identified problems
- Provide technical support to maintenance, reliability, construction, and operations groups
We'd like to review your application if you have...
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Student in Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) with at least 1.5 years of completed studies in mechanical engineering
- A valid driver's licence and an impeccable driving record
- Excellent communication and professional skills
- Strong focus on execution with the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work as a team to achieve the best results and maximize the value of the work
- Constantly seeks to expand knowledge of systems, processes and hazards in the workplace to understand not only the nature of the work but also its purpose
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
* Must be enrolled in an accredited academic institution and returning to full time studies after the work term. *
* Please include a copy of school transcripts with your resume and indicate the length of the internship for which you are available. *
* Fluent in French – please submit your resume in French *
- Completed 1 previous internship or have relevant experience
- Experience in industrial/manufacturing mechanical equipment
- Good knowledge of English
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- This is a 4 month work term starting in January 2022 (possibility of 8 months)
- You will work out of our Montréal office, located at 11701 Sherbrooke Street East
- Learning environment surrounded by several disciplines (chemical, electrical, instrumentation, operation)
- Teamwork atmosphere based on mutual support
- Be available to work overtime when required
- Ability to work in harsh weather conditions and at heights
- We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
- Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
Start your career at Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn't safe, we don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Students & New Grads