ARTICLE AD BOX
LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 52525
Why you should join us:
We’re growing our Calgary-based Cloud and Infrastructure team and need an experienced cloud professional to bring deep knowledge and a passion for all things tech. You will leverage your expertise to contribute to the successful transition from outsource to in-house IT, ensuring stable operations of our large server environment. You will then have opportunities to build new solutions such as automation and new features/capabilities in the cloud. We are looking for an individual who is excited to learn about new technologies, automating and streamlining processes. In this role, you will act as a champion for the IOT Platform, providing expertise to mature and develop our processes and tools while enabling our product teams to accelerate their speed and frequency of delivery.
You will use your expertise to:
Enable, mature and operate IoT capabilities and technologies
Combine hardware and software, measure real-world signals, and connect to the internet to provide value to stakeholders
Ensure goals are clear and the product vision is aligned with technical and business objectives
Partner with stakeholders and customers across the organization to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritization.
Continuously review stakeholder needs, refine priorities, outline milestones and deliverables, and identify opportunities and risks.
Continually define, manage and prioritize the backlog to guide the product team and the end-to-end launch of deliverables
Collaborate effectively with diverse cross functional teams to ensure current and future demand is well understood, prioritized and documented accordingly.
Ensure functional specifications meet or exceed established business and functional requirements, technical standards, quality measures and continuous improvement goals
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
Seven or more years of experience in Information Technology
Five years of leadership experience, ideally within a multi-cultural or matrix environment
Experience operating in production OT environments
A Bachelor’s degree or a technical diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or a related field
Ability to work in an Agile environment and continuously review the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
Knowledge of industry IoT, Networking and Big Data practices, tools and processes
Proven ability in servant leadership and team development and able to articulate vision altering decision in a timely fashion
Aptitude as a flexible, team player with a positive attitude towards internal and external customer experience.
The ability to communicate and present technical information to a wide range of stakeholders including Sr. Leadership.
Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple different workstreams without sacrificing quality or strategy perspective.
Excellent judgment and decision-making skills to adapt to multiple priorities, competing demands, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Demonstrated skills in design thinking, automation, and agile practices, and awareness of new Digital Technologies and use cases within the business and how to implement them
Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity, and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
Demonstratable experience working in a production OT environment
Good understanding of IT Security, DevOps and DataOps principals and tools
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W. combined with remote work arrangements in response to COVID-19
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs
- Occasional travel on an infrequent basis to Suncor’s domestic and international sites will be required
- Depending on the nature of the role, we have implemented a Hybrid Work Model to provide our employees with a combination of office-based work and ‘work from home’ flexibility. To learn more, speak to your recruiter
- We have numerous Employee Inclusion Networks who work together to help foster an inclusive and respectful culture and drive positive change at Suncor. Current networks include both Workplace Inclusion Networks (focusing on inclusion and respect for all), and identity-focused networks (focusing on building community and a sense of belonging and allyship for different groups)
- We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
- Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn't safe, we don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals