ARTICLE AD BOX
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 30%
Career Status: Executive
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T5PM
Hiring Manager: Joern Keller
Recruiter Name: Tom Wadlington
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Head of S/4HANA Product Management - Quote to Cash & Central Order
The mission of S/4HANA and S/4HANA Product Management - Quote to Cash & Central Order is to protect and grow SAP’s core business and in addition evolve this business into the cloud. We, as a team, are responsible to create shared, cloud native, modular capabilities which are used unanimously across the complete quote-to-cash (Q2C) lifecycle. Ultimately, this will increase consistency and makes it easier and faster for our customers to innovate with latest Q2C capabilities.
Our product management unit has end-to-end responsibility for all product capabilities in the area of next-generation order, solution business, and subscription management including pricing and invoicing services in the digital core and beyond. We collaborate closely with our engineering and solution management teams as well as with customers (incl. customer co-innovations) on continuously improving our products towards long term customer success. We:
- Shape, drive, and communicate the strategy and own the product roadmap focusing on public cloud deployment of microservice-based architecture that permits the maximum flexibility to plug and play for different business needs.
- Create and prioritize the product backlog by gathering market and customer insights and translating these into product requirements
- Enable the successful delivery of products that meet market and customer needs, by focusing on defined end-to-end processes and priorities across all functional areas and Lines of Business.
We are looking for a Head of S/4HANA Product Management - Quote to Cash & Central Order who is going to drive the needs of next-generation order, solution business, inventory, fulfillment, and subscription management including pricing and invoicing services in the digital core and beyond. You will be part of a highly motivated team that focuses on market transformation and accelerate our current market momentum. You will have impact and contact by bridging between our customer demand, our sales priorities and our product definition and development units. Requirements roll-in and deep understanding of problems to vet against our product definition and roadmaps will be an important part of your daily role. You are responsible that our products/capabilities deliver high value to a defined, sizeable market, and they help to capture lots of value back. As a major part of your work in product strategy, you will translate market requirements and customer feedback from various channels into a balanced product strategy and align with end-to-end process management and industry teams. You define an executable product vision & strategy that manifests in a sound product roadmap targeting customer adoption and stakeholder usage. In your end-to-end responsibility, you will directly support strategic deals, help regional sales leaders to support global deals on a local basis, and obtain transparency over sales pipeline.
- Set direction by building the unit´s vision and strategy translated into a business plan and product roadmap that are contributing to overall SAP strategy and success
- Assume responsibility for the development and continuous improvement of S/4HANA Quote-to-Cash products/capabilities in alignment with overall SAP and S/4HANA strategy
- Champion modern product and engineering culture, the use of best practices and ensuring the implementation of the latest technologies in an architecturally and business sound way
- Manage critical resource situations and their potential impact on business deliverables.
- Sets clear goals with team members, inspires and supports them towards accomplishing these goals and evaluates goal achievement in a fair and understandable way.
- Is responsible for creating business cases that support strategy implementation, delivering a high-quality portfolio and for validation and release of the planned and implemented scope
- Attracting, building, and retaining high-performing product management team members and recruiting new talent
- Grow viable businesses together with technology, development, and commercialization teams
- Establish an environment for experimentation and innovation with strong customer orientation
- 10+ years of related experience in software development, consulting and/or product management
- 10+ years of experience in managing product management teams responsible for multiple, diverse products
- 10+ years of business and product experience across various industries, especially Professional Services, Discrete Industries (e.g. HighTech), Utilities, Telecommunications is a plus
- Full SDLC experience of inventing, designing and delivering new enterprise-scale software products
- Experience with setting up new teams and organizations, defining operational models and driving change within the organization
- Proven track record of successfully orchestrating teams across different organizational boundaries and time zones (e.g. Asia, Europe, US)
- Frequent and confident interaction w/ C-level executives
Solution & Product Management
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.