ARTICLE AD BOX
Job Type: Independent Contractor
Primary Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
All Available Locations: Calgary
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Current opportunities include longer-term Toronto and surrounding area based positions. The applicants are encouraged to highlight their working condition preferences in their cover letters.
What will your typical day look like?
In this role a typical day will vary based on position and client and you will be responsible for:
• Ensure contracts are administered according to contract, company procedures and company policies;
• Payment and change order administration;
• Monitor contractor performance in accordance with contract;
• Manage commercial relationship with contractor;
• Support continuous improvement in company’s organization; and,
• Control company’s risks and proactively resolve contract issue
About the team
Deloitte’s Capital Projects group is seeking contract administrators to join their capital projects delivery roster. Approved candidates will join the roster and then be eligible for select contract based positions to supplement client project and contract management teams. Candidates will benefit from Deloitte subject matter expertise, coaching and ongoing support during contract placements.
A range in skill level and experience is required and the contract administration positions vary based client requirements. Current opportunities include longer-term predominantly greater Montreal based positions. The applicants are encouraged to highlight their working condition preferences in their cover letters.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
• Hold a University Degree;
• Min 5 years Supply Chain Management / contract administration experience in construction and field services contracts;
• Understanding of contract structures, terms and conditions;
• Site based experienced in oil and gas industry, energy generation, or construction;
• Superior written and oral communication skills;
• Analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail;
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work to tight deadlines;
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience managing relationships; and,
• Team building and networking skills; as well as exceptional Microsoft Office computer skills in Word and Excel.
Note: Flexibility to travel to site is required. Current proposed positions are in the surrounding Toronto area. Local candidates are preferred however, for a qualified FCA, client will consider a candidate from outside of the Toronto area and would compensate for accommodation, meals and travel time.
Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We’re also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mind¬set, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Apply Now
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and BlackNorth Initiative.
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.