ARTICLE AD BOX
Bombardier is a global leader, creating innovative and game-changing planes. Our products and services provide world-class transportation experiences that set new standards in passenger comfort, energy efficeincy, reliability and safety. We are a global organization focused on working together with a team spirit.
The Control Laws/Stability and Control (Claws/S&C) team is responsible for ensuring appropriate aircraft flight characteristics. Key activities include designing/developing and testing Fly-by-Wire (FBW) flight control laws for the next generation Bombardier Aircrafts. Moreover, the team contributes to the development of new or derivative aircraft (including missionized aircraft) and supports continued airworthiness of in-service aircraft. The team also actively participates in flight testing activities and closely interacts with regulatory authorities to ensure safety and compliance to airworthiness requirements.
In your role, you will:
• Analyze and process flight data, piloted simulation and test data
• Plan and conduct desktop or pilot-in-the-loop simulations to assess the aircraft handling qualities due to design and/or model changes, for certification, or problem investigations with potential improvements
• Plan and support flight and simulation tests followed by required analyses and documentation
• Write and review reports which demonstrate flight characteristic compliance with airworthiness regulations
• Prepare and support wind tunnel and flight test campaigns
• Provide support to aircraft production for aerodynamics and aircraft handling related issues and non-conform
• Design and develop the pilot in the loop CLaws and protection functions based on handling qualities, test pilot assessment and aircraft requirements
• Evaluate CLaws stability and performance with analytical methods, desktop simulations and simulator tests
• Support the development and modification to flight simulation models
• Define high level aircraft requirements (handling qualities, sensors, actuators etc.)
As our ideal candidate,
• You have a master’s degree in Aeronautical Engineering.
- You have 4 years of relevant experience (asset).
• You possess good programming skills. Knowledge of Windows and UNIX operating system environments, Matlab/Simulink, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint is an asset.
• You have a good understanding of aircraft stability and control, aerodynamics and control Laws along with a basic understanding of aeroelasticity, aircraft design, aircraft structures/systems
• You are familiar with airworthiness regulations is an asset
• You have good written and oral communication skills
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons of any race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age immigation status, disability or other applicable legally protected Characteristics to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone.
Join us at https://bombardier.com/en/careers/career-opportunities
Your ideas move people.
Job: Stability & Control
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal Dorval
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 21.07.2021, 3:35:01 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing