ARTICLE AD BOX
LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 57982
Why you should join us:
Suncor is on a journey to transform into a data-informed enterprise, where our people are empowered to make data-driven decisions.
We are building our Enterprise Data team and have several exciting opportunities! By joining us in the early stages of our journey, you can help shape what Enterprise Data looks like at Suncor. Help us achieve our goal of transforming data into a strategic enterprise asset that is shared, accessible, trusted, stewarded and secure. With your experience in industry leading data management practices, you will be a great fit for our team! Using your continuous improvement experience and understanding of how data can be a critical business asset, you will work with partners across Suncor to ensure our data management and governance standards/policies are adopted as we support Suncor’s transformation.
In this senior level role, you will be responsible to streamline the process of building, changing, and managing data pipelines to maximize the business value of data and improve customer satisfaction. You are accountable for the delivery of data and analytic output, while simultaneously reducing data defects—essentially “better, faster, cheaper.”! You emphasize collaboration, reuse, and automation, along with a heavy dose of testing and monitoring.
You will use your expertise to:
- Drive enterprise DataOps strategies related to data and information which measurably deliver on corporate value drivers and goals
- Perform Azure implementation, deployment, and migration activities
- Identify and assess new opportunities to address critical information and data management risks or exploit opportunities
- Collaborate with product teams to assess and establish the required pipeline to support business objectives
- Develop IP for all service offerings – templates, best practices, operations runbooks, architecture and design documents, training/knowledge transfer packs
- Develop and implement plans to improve velocity, quality, predictability and scale of data engineering solutions and deployment
- Provide technical and business leadership to project teams to optimize outcomes, often requiring trade-off decisions
- Maintain awareness of emerging industry and domain practices and advise stakeholders on adoption of best practices and governance for data and information
- Work with the business stakeholders in early stages of projects to understand their solution requirements and help develop information and data management solutions
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Seven years of experience in Information Technology software development and operations
- Experience testing CI/CD pipelines and branching strategies for environmental readiness
- Experience in analyzing existing operations and making recommendations for the improvement and growth of the operating environment
- Experience in implementing and automating security controls, governance processes and compliance validation
- Experience troubleshooting Azure resources, pipelines and deployment within a data platform
- A solid understanding of product management, agile principles and development methodologies
- Experience with Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Warehouse Azure DataLake/Storage, Azure Databricks
- Experience with log management and monitoring technologies
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
- Relocation support will be provided
- We have numerous Employee Inclusion Networks who work together to help foster an inclusive and respectful culture and drive positive change at Suncor. Current networks include both Workplace Inclusion Networks (focusing on inclusion and respect for all), and identity-focused networks (focusing on building community and a sense of belonging and allyship for different groups)
- Suncor is aware that some job seekers have received false employment offers from an individual or organization posing as Suncor. All recruiting is conducted through our Careers site, your resume needs to be submitted to this site if you would like to be considered for a role. To learn more about false recruiting offers, click here.
- We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
- Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn't safe, we don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals