ARTICLE AD BOX
Division: S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Multi-Level Care Society
Program: S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Multi-Level Care Society
Employment Type: Casual
Work Location: Vancouver
About the SUCCESS Multi-Level Care Society
To care for the seniors like our own by providing a continuum of excellent, culturally appropriate services for them. In 1995, the S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Multi-Level Care Society was incorporated with the purpose of establishing linguistically and culturally appropriate care for those seniors in our community. It has now developed into a provider of quality residential care and health services.
About the Position:
Assists residents with mental, developmental, and/or physical disabilities to live successfully in the community by providing a variety of day-to-day physical, emotional, and social supports, life skills assistance, information, resources, and demonstrations. Assists residents with personal care, medication management, activity programs and activities of daily living such as preparation and delivery of meals and beverages, feeding, lifts and transfers, grooming, and toileting. Performs cleaning duties and personal laundry as required. Supports the Program’s philosophy, vision and mission, goals, and objectives. Promote resident and work safety.
- Grade 10
- Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Attendant Program or Home Support Worker Program and must be registered with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry
- Certificates in CPR, First Aid and Medication Management Program
- Recent, related experience of one year or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Job Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Ability to communicate in Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin) is an asset
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in residents
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with residents
- Ability to operate related equipment
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. Interested candidates please apply by emailing your application including the following e-mail subject line “ALA21-04 Assisted Living Attendant” and submitting resumes to: email@example.com
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.